Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Post: Naming the blog

Hello World! If you made it here, congrats, you're only about two clicks from the end of the Internet!

I thought I would briefly introduce myself and explain the method of naming the blog. I'll post later on "why" I decided to start a blog, after I have a better understanding of exactly why that was.

About Me: I'm 25, live in Boston, and participate in the following (note: this list is in order of approximate time spent participating, not necessarily in order of things I love to do). 
  • Engineering - well technically, product compliance for a large technology firm 
  • Schooling - back at my alma mater for a graduate degree in Engineering Management, whatever that is
  • Dancing - teaching dance to adults and children in Brookline at www.dancefitstudio.com
  • Renovating - two gut-job bathroom reno's and an upcoming kitchen blowout
  • Blogging - I HOPE! 
  • Other random and occasionally spastic things I'm sure you'll here about in upcoming entries?
 Now that we got that out of the way... on to the blog name. I am insanely intrigued by Alice's concept of "losing her muchness" in the new Alice in Wonderland movie. For some reason, this idea that we lose a bit of ourselves, or the selves we want to be, as we get older seems to resonate at this stage of my life. It's funny (to me) because most "great" women who speak about their lives, talk about "finding themselves". Perhaps I still have a bit more of losing myself, and rearranging myself, before I can "find" myself. 

And Massachusetts? Well, I'm sure that seems obvious. What I found interesting though, is only now am I actually associating myself with this geography. Apparently sometimes it takes eight years of adjustment to realize a place is really your new home. 

Alright, I think this is a sufficiently long post number 1. Don't want to burn myself out on the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment