Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can't believe how time flies... it's been 18 months since I decided to start a blog, and 12 posts later, I have almost nothing to show for it. In any case, water under the bridge. I'd like to thank you for helping me to welcome a new year full of (hopefully) exciting opportunities. Last year was filled with many amazing experiences and accomplishments, especially amongst those close to me. There were engagements, fabulous showers/parties, weddings, babies, graduations and promotions! Thank you to all of you that shared these moments with me :) 

As we enter 2012, I though it would be prudent to re-open this blog, and re-start it by writing down some goals for this new year (yes, including better blogging tendencies). Perhaps someone out there will read this and serve as some form of accountability. I'm trying to make these SMART - S = Specific, M = Measurable, A = Attainable, R = Realistic, T = Timely, in the spirit of good project management. Here we go:

  1. Take a tap class. It's been the better part of 10 years, and I'm ready. I miss it. I have a feeling I should only need to put a single class on this list, as I'm likely to catch the bug within the first ten minutes of the first class. 
  2. Complete 40 hours of community service, at least some of which is with an organization that is new to me. 
  3. Work out at least 156 days this year. This should provide the equivalent of 3x workouts a week, with the flexibility to not fail out early. 
  4. Get LASIK, should be the easiest goal, as I'm headed there tomorrow. Not wasting any more time!
  5. Not cut my hair for an entire year (excluding trims). I never like it that much after I cut it anyway. 
  6. Increase my yearly contributions to savings by 10%. I need to do some math on this, but intuitively it seems achievable.
  7. Complete 6 home related projects this year. This can include decoration, organization, renovation or the like. Ideally spread out throughout the year. 
  8. Transition into a new, exciting job upon the conclusion of my project. I know this one is wishy-washy, I still need to figure out where I'm going with this. 
  9. Floss. 1x per day. Every.Day.
Alright, well if nothing else, it's good to write it down. I'll check back soon to let you know how its going. Also, I'll be working to redirect the blog to a broader range of topics, as we are off the renovation wagon for now. 

xoxo
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm holding you to all of those. We can regrow out hair together :)

    ReplyDelete