Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I said "Brrr, it's cold in here!"

Say hello to my new friend!

Isn’t she a beaut?? Now I know you may think we’re getting a bit ahead of ourselves here (like you really need a floor or walls to have a new fridge?!?!), but it was actually quite critical that we found a fridge early in the process. This is important because unlike stoves and dishwashers there are actually about 5,467,312 “standard” sizes of refrigerators ranging in price from $1,000- $3,000. Since our cabinet layout requires the width of the fridge, we wanted to make sure we could find something that fit that wouldn’t force us into an obnoxious price point. Additionally, there are certain Zoolander-like concerns re: refrigerators (i.e. “how is it supposed to work, if it can’t even fit in the building!”) After copious online searching, and a trip to the Sears scratch and dent outlet, I have to say I was initially super stressed out. When you are doing a budget kitchen you really can’t blow the budget on a fridge, but it looked as if we weren’t going to find ANYTHING we could afford. But then… finally… CRAIGSLIST!!!!! I know, I know, this isn’t the solution for everyone, but it turned out to be a really great alternative for us. We have a deposit down on this baby, and let’s just say, we’re saving about 50% for something that has been only very gently used. I’m already having dreams of polishing the finger-prints off every other day, and let me tell you, they are sweet sweet dreams. 

1 comment: